Internship OpportunitiesGet great hands-on experience and college credit too!
The Onondaga Flames offer internship opportunities for highly motivated individuals that have an interest in the business of sports management, advertising and/or marketing. Candidates need to be highly motivated, hardworking and responsible. We depend on our interns to be responsible for assisting in the operations of the organization. You will be interactive with fans, sponsors, players and coaches so, it is imperative interns are respectful and always have a positive attitude with everyone with whom you interact,including all of our volunteer or paid staff. These internships are unpaid, but we can provide housing for out-of-town students.
The Onondaga Flames franchise is run in a similar fashion as a minor league franchise. Our interns and volunteers have the opportunity to experience and learn all aspects of running the franchise. Interns share many varied duties and are usually rotated depending on skill sets, interests and franchise needs:
- Press Secretary – write up team news, game results and announcements for release to the pres and posting on team website.
- Statistician – keep score for each game in MLB format and submit to MLB by 9:00 AM next morning.
- Web site management – you will assist our website manager with information on a daily basis to keep our site current. May involve stats, photographs or just general information. Interested Interns may learn WordPress applications.
- Travel Secretary – arrange for travel and meals for road trips, accompany the team on bus trips assisting with various tasks as required by the coaches and keeping team equipment in order.
- Concessions – assist with ordering, inventory control, restocking, scheduling of volunteers and sales for both the food concessions and the merchandise area.
- Broadcasting audio– you may be responsible for play-by-play and or color commentary on our Internet live streaming broadcasts of our games.
- Tickets – assist with game day sales and coordinating tickets for sponsor nights and group sales.
- Stadium operations – assist with facility maintenance, grounds keeping, cleaning and various other tasks that keep our ballpark in top condition.
- Sales of Sponsorships and Promotions – This requires interaction with various local businesses that are major sponsors as well as soliciting for raffle prizes.
- On-field Entertainment – assist with contest coordination, between inning contests, coordinating sponsor nights, player and mascot appearances, and all game day activities. You will be responsible for organizing and coordination of our “baseball buddies” program with local youth teams.
- Pre-game assignments – preparing game day activities for all home games – this year with the addition of “Themed night” you will be responsible for promoting the theme of the night (ie: Rock and Roll Night, Halloween Night, Christmas in July, etc.